In Kingdom of sin, build your criminal business through shady deals in a prohibition-era Chicago. Here are our guides on how to make money with thugs and alcohol production.
Note: You can find more information in our Kingdom of sin Guides and Features Hub.
Kingdom of sin: Guide to Making Money – Rackets and Alcohol Production
Establishing and taking over companies
At the beginning of your Kingdom of sin Campaign, your elected mafia boss will only have a few thugs (stores) in Chicago. At some point you will have more control as you progress. You can do this either by buying vacant buildings and converting them into a specific store, or by attacking the buildings of other factions.
For smaller factions, these are thugs or random groups that could be part of a quest. As for the major factions, these are the actual AI controlled mob bosses and syndicate leaders. They evolve over time just like you.
You can choose to take over, loot, destroy, or destroy a location. When you take over a location, you can turn it into a bat. It’s free if it’s the same type of racket as before, but it gets expensive if you convert it to something else.
A quick way to easily capture multiple thugs is to go to war with a large faction. Then look for their safe home. If the option to attack is available, go ahead and begin the fight. Just make sure your characters are well prepared. They want a full crew and Ideal classes / skills to make things more manageable.
After eliminating the boss of this faction, you take over every thug from that faction. This can put you in control of an entire part of a neighborhood, but it increases your threat (making other factions and the police more suspicious).
Manage your clubs in Kingdom of sin
Next, let’s talk about the types of businesses also known as thugs Kingdom of sin:
- Safehouse – This is your main building / HQ in a neighborhood. A crew member can be used as a lieutenant To give impulses.
- Breweries – These produce alcohol (which we’ll get into in a moment).
- Speakeasys – These are bars for the entertainment of customers.
- Brothels – Well, these have a different kind of entertainment too.
- Casinos – Can Make You Big Bucks. But if someone wins big (which can happen by accident), you can lose a lot of money too.
- Hotels – You can build one in a neighborhood to further increase the number of guests.
Most rackets in Kingdom of sin have the following multi-level / tier upgrades:
- Security – Increases the number of guards inside and outside a bat.
- Distract – Reduces the chance that the police will search the bat. You can also temporarily close a racket (“P” key when a racket field is opened) if the police suspect it becomes too great. Alternatively, you can get involved a bit Bribery and Diplomacy.
Note: You can speed up the completion of all types of upgrade by paying extra cash.
However, there are some small differences. For example, speakeasys, brothels, and casinos have these two upgrade types in addition to the above:
- Ambience – Increase a racket’s potential income.
- Word of mouth – Increases the racket’s “center of gravity” and enables them to attract more customers.
Note 1: Casinos also have the “games” upgrade which increases potential income.
Note 2: You can build a hotel in a neighborhood if it’s wealthy enough. This improves the synergy between your clubs and increases customer visits as they have fancy accommodation. Hotels don’t have upgrades once they’re built.
Finally, keep the racket synergy in mind. If you go to the Empire Overview screen, you will see if you have activated certain synergies between the clubs. This happens when you have multiple clubs of the same type in a neighborhood.
Note: It is also possible that some boosts appear buggy. For example, even if you have a hotel in a neighborhood, it won’t show up as active.
Breweries and alcohol production
Since Kingdom of sin takes place in Chicago during the Prohibition Period, the illegal alcohol trade has become quite lucrative. As such, your breweries (and, to some extent, safe houses) will ensure supplies of alcohol.
If you check out the Alcohol Info tab in the top right corner of the HUD, you’ll see all of the breweries you own. From here you can easily access your upgrade panels.
Similar to other clubs in yours Kingdom of sin Campaign breweries also have the upgrades “Security” and “Deflect”. But they also have some additional ones:
- Production – Determines how much alcohol is produced each week. This helps keep the flow of alcohol going when you have a lot of stores and customers.
- Alcohol Quality – Enables the production of higher quality spirits. This is important when you want to meet the required demand in a neighborhood.
- Storage – Ensures that alcohol that is not consumed by the neighborhood is not wasted.
Likewise, you should check the “Consumption” tab next to “Alcohol Production”. This shows you the type of alcohol that is in demand in a neighborhood. Make sure you qualify to make more money.
After all, your faction’s safe house acts a bit like a brewery in a neighborhood. However, there are only the upgrades “Safety”, “Production” and “Alcohol Quality”. Think of safe houses as a last resort in case the police raided all of your breweries and you still have to produce alcohol.